It's December! Time to place stockings and tinsel, bright lit trees and red and green everywhere! Christmas music gets put on non-stop shuffle. Where has this year gone? So much craziness that most seem to be ready for it to be done. Then again, this is a great time to cozy up next to the fire with a loved one, read some great books (like Bottle of Uncertainty), or just take some time to reflect. What better way to enjoy all the festivities than with your favorite drinks? Here are my top five. Do any of them match yours?
1. Hot cocoa with peppermint is my favorite drink in December! The classic winter staple of hot chocolate with the holiday twist of peppermint gets me in the perfect mood for caroling or walking around to look at all the pretty lights. If you want to put a kick to it, you can always add Baileys and some Peppermint Schnapps.
2. If you're the type to prefer a colder drink, have you tried a citrus spritzer? You can make this by stirring together 4 cups of orange juice, 4 cups of lemon-lime seltzer, 2 oranges, and 2 limes together in a large pitcher. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and then add it to a glass of ice! To make it into a more adult beverage, you can always add a fruity flavor of vodka with it.
3. Another great drink for the cold nights is a warm tea-and-cider punch. Mixing the tastes of fresh apple cider with English breakfast tea is a great combination for your mouth! Check out the recipe here. The bourbon is optional if you're trying to keep it family friendly.
4. Does drinking a sparkling honey vanilla blood orange mocktail make you feel fancy? It does for me! Gather the girls together and have a night in to catch up on the latest gossip. Add your favorite vodka or tequila to get the real pajama party started! Check out how to make this awesome drink here.
5. Two words: gingerbread latte. That just screams holiday season to me. When fall hits, everyone thinks of the pumpkin spice flavor. However for me, the gingerbread latte is where it's at! This recipe is made for a slow cooker, so set it and forget it (but only for a little while). Fireball would be the perfect alcoholic addition.
I have a new Etsy page that you should check out if you haven't! We have great holiday bundles on sale! Also, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter!